The Alder Centre
Reflection and Remembrance
Light up a Life
Light Up a Life
- Our annual ‘remembrance’ Carol Service, with carols and poems usually takes place on the first Sunday in Advent.
- This service is prepared and support by Alder Centre staff and volunteers.
- During the service the tree in front of the Alder Centre is lit up in remembrance of children, and remains lit until New Year.
Cathedral Candle Service
- The annual Candle Service has been held each year since the early 1990’s. This service is planned over a number of months by the Alder Centre Volunteers planning group. Volunteers are themselves bereaved parents.
- This is a non-denominational services for all those affected by the death of a child.
- During the service there is the procession of the Alder Centre Family Candle, and the Children’s Lantern procession. Parents and families will have written personal messages on card ‘leaves’, which are carried forward by the ATC Cadets and displayed on the Alder Centre tree.
- At three points in the service Children’s name are displayed on a large screen, while an array of candles are lit to complete a grand display of candle light in remembrance of all the children.
- There are poems read, and songs sung.
- The service is assisted by Cadets from the 2375 (Neston) Squadron ATC, and Adlib provide Audio and Video support.
Book of Remembrance
A Book of Remembrance is kept in the Alder Centre. You may have an inscription included and the book is there at any time for you to look at. Every Year, on the anniversary of a child’s death, it is opened to the inscribed page as a celebration of your child’s life and to mark their passing.
The Alder Centre also has an electronic Remembrance Book, where you can design your own pages, include photographs and music.
Please speak to a member of staff if you would like to develop your own pages for your child.
The Alder Centre on Twitter
Contact us on email@example.com
0151 252 5391
We are available on weekdays 9am to 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays).
The Alder Centre has temporarily moved to the old Alder Hey hospital and is easily accessible from Alder Road. Our postal address is:The Alder Centre
Alder Hey Children's Hospital